Friday, January 13, 2017

Spring 2017 First Week of Classes

I grew so busy this weekend that I forgot to complete my blog. I even stopped completing my list journal, just getting to it tonight after a week. I'm trying and failing to fill in the facts. I know I went to Carter's Furniture on Saturday to buy a couch and consider a Scandinavian chair with an ottoman. I know I made bread and frittatas for the week that night and may have played Freecell.

As usual, I began each day with a workout on my exercise bike, ab work, and yoga before checking email in front of the TV. Each day I also walked the dog at least three times and (for the most part) went to Jazzercise for my aerobic workout.

Mostly, though, I prepared for class, setting up grades and the first week of a calendar and news for my classes in D2L (Desire to Learn), our online classroom here at EIU. With detailed syllabi and calendars to guide me, I've been able to easily share the daily classwork with students.

Now I'm tired and look forward to sleeping in a few days this weekend. Although I will memorialize Martin Luther King on Monday, events don't begin until later in the day, so I can sleep in on that day off, as well.

Another given each day is a movie, so here's a list of the films I watched this week:

Rainbow Time
A River Between Us
The Story of Aardman
A Grand Night In
Battle of Sevastopol
Norm of the North
Louder than Bombs
Headwinds
Dog Eat Dog
various silent shorts for class
The Plow that Broke the Plains for class

I also read before bed each night and finished re-reading The Silver Star and started Vinegar Girl.

Now I'm really tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment